Do you really need inspiration for your mentoring program?
A mentor is a person who can help you at every situation and who can offer wisdom and encouragement to a mentee. By his/her personal experience he/she can provide you unique insights about the situations that the mentee may not otherwise consider.
Sometimes a good quotes can be a worth of thousands words. From there you can get a lots of inspiration. So without wasting any time here are the top 20 inspirational quotes on the power of mentoringship from different – different sources as diverse as Steven Spielberg, Maya Angelou, Jim Rohn and Clint Eastwood.
1. “A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “My mentor said, ‘Let’s go do it,’ not ‘You go do it.’ How powerful when someone says, ‘Let’s!’” — Jim Rohn
3. “Colleagues are a wonderful thing – but mentors, that’s where the real work gets done.” — Junot Diaz
4. “One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination.” — John C. Maxwell
5. “Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby
7. “I’ve learned a lot from mentors who were instrumental in shaping me, and I want to share what I’ve learned.” — Herbie Hancock
8. “The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.” — Steven Spielberg
9. “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
10. “You know, you do need mentors, but in the end, you really just need to believe in yourself.” — Diana Ross
11. “The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.” — Benjamin Disraeli
12. “In a battery, I strive to maximize electrical potential. When mentoring, I strive to maximize human potential.” — Donald Sadoway
13. “What I think the mentor gets is the great satisfaction of helping somebody along, helping somebody take advantage of an opportunity that maybe he or she did not have.” — Clint Eastwood
14. “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” — Whoopi Goldberg
15. “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” — Isaac Newton
16. “A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.” — Bob Proctor
17. “In order to be a mentor, and an effective one, one must care. You must care. You don’t have to know how many square miles are in Idaho, you don’t need to know what is the chemical makeup of chemistry, or of blood or water. Know what you know and care about the person, care about what you know and care about the person you’re sharing with.” — Maya Angelou
18. “A lot of people put pressure on themselves and think it will be way too hard for them to live out their dreams. Mentors are there to say, ‘Look, it’s not that tough. It’s not as hard as you think. Here are some guidelines and things I have gone through to get to where I am in my career.’” — Joe Jonas
19. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins
20. “Show me a successful individual and I’ll show you someone who had real positive influences in his or her life. I don’t care what you do for a living—if you do it well I’m sure there was someone cheering you on or showing the way. A mentor.” — Denzel Washington